India is now on path of becoming Digital India and it is evident from the way our government works.
- For FY 2016-17, new ITR forms have been released by Income Tax Department on 31st March, 2017 itself.
From ITR of FY 2016-17 for filing returns of Income:
- Aadhar number is must
- Mobile Number and e-mail id of the person is to be shared
- Income tax department has started to do communication with individuals through e-mail primarily, thus everyone needs to give e-mail id of their own and which is being used on regular basis
EVC (electronic verification code)
- It is a 10 digit alphanumeric code which can be generated through e-Filing portal and is valid for 72 hours).
- An EVC code can be generated through Net Banking,Bank Account number and now through NSDL Demat account
- EVC code reduces the requirement of signing the acknowledgement and sending the same to CPC.
Due Dates for filing of returns
- Audit cases – 30th September, 2017
- Non Audit cases – 31st July, 2017